Registrar FAQs

Registrar's Office
South Georgia State College
100 West College Park Drive
Douglas, GA 31533
Phone: 912.260.4406

Current and former SGSC students must order official transcripts online. Transcripts will not be issued for students who have an outstanding balance or unfulfilled obligation to the College. The cost per transcript is $10.00. Additional charges may apply depending on the method of delivery chosen.  Go to or following the instructions below.

To order a transcript, choose one of the following options:

Do you have access to your Banner Web account? If yes, choose Option A.

Option A

Log in to Banner Web.

Click on "Order Official Transcript" in the Student Information section.

If you do not have access to your Banner Web account, choose Option B.

Option B

Click on the Parchment icon below to enter your order. You can use either your Social Security Number or SGSC Student ID number (ie 988XXXXXX).


Parchment FAQs

Contact Support


  • A student may request Enrollment Verification if proof of enrollment for insurance purposes, employment, housing, etc is required.
  • Proof of enrollment (Enrollment Verification) can be obtained by completing and submitting the online Enrollment Verification Form found at
  • It is up to each individual institution as to which courses it will accept for credit from another institution. It is the student's responsibility to contact that institution to determine its transfer policies and which courses will be accepted for credit.
  • Credits are transferred by submitting official transcripts from all institutions you have previously attended. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Office of Admissions. The transcripts will be processed and a determination will be made as to which credits will be transferred and whether you are accepted to the institution.
  • USG institutions (including SGSC) and TCSG (Technical College System of Georgia) institutions will accept selected general education courses for transfer between their respective SACSCOC accredited institutions. 
  • The first step in registering for classes is to be advised and get your advisor hold lifted.
  • Once your advising needs have been met, and if you do not have any other holds preventing registration, you may register online, or submit your registration form to a representative of the Registrar's office. 
  • Details with important dates, hold information, payment information can be found here.
  • To find out who your advisor is, access Banner Web:
    • Go to SGSC website -
    • In the top right-hand corner on your screen, select Quicklinks.
    • Select Student Gateway.
    • Select Banner Web (4th blue tile on top row).
    • Username: your username is the first part of your email before the @ symbol. Your student email can be retrieved at the link listed at the bottom of this page.
    • Password: Your current email password.
  • You must setup your SGSC student email and know your email password before you can log into Banner Web.  If you have not already setup your SGSC student email, and need additional support, submit an IT ticket at
  • Once you are in Banner Web select "Student Profile" under the Student Information section to find your advisor and your advisor's contact information.
  • In order to be awarded the degree you have earned you must apply for graduation. It is best to apply for graduation the semester before you intend to graduate to ensure all requirements have been met. If you are planning on graduating at the end of this term apply as soon as possible. Follow these steps:
    • Print a Graduation Application and review important information here.
    • Complete the form with an Academic Advisor.
    • Pay $40 Graduation fee (non-refundable) at the Cashier's Office (Douglas Campus - Engram Hall; Waycross Campus - Administrative Building).
    • Submit the Graduation Application (Douglas Campus - Registrar's Office; Waycross Campus - Enrollment Services Office).
  • To change your address, phone number, or name complete and submit the form found at
  • Please note that any name changes must include documentation (marriage license, updated driver's license) and will not be processed until the end of the semester. 
  • To withdraw from a course, complete and submit the online form available at
  • It is to your advantage to meet with a financial aid advisor before withdrawing. Withdrawal may affect your eligibility for financial aid this semester and in the future. Students receiving financial aid are responsible for repaying unearned grant and loan funds received.

Other frequently requested forms are available at