Counselor Resource Page

To invite South Georgia State College to your college fair or high school, please email recruiters@sgsc.edu.

Join us for Preview Day! Click HERE for details.

We know you put in a lot of hard work. That’s why we created this Counselor Resource page, so you won’t have to work harder to get your students information about college. This page is dedicated to providing you with all the tools you will need to help your students with the admissions steps.

Recruitment & Admission Information

Dual Enrollment provides students with the opportunity to earn high school AND college credit before graduating from high school. Our Dual Enrollment courses transfer to any college or university in the University System of Georgia. For more information about Dual Enrollment, visit our official Dual Enrollment web page by clicking below:


For additional Dual Enrollment information please contact us at dualenrollment@sgsc.edu

Dual Enrollment Information sheet (pdf)

Applicants who are on Student Visa must complete the following requirements:

  • Admissions application  ($20 application fee)
  • Provide an official English translation and evaluation of all transcripts showing a minimum high school GPA of 2.0 or higher and proof of graduation (US diploma equivalent).
  • Applicants whose first language is not English and whose language of instruction was not English throughout secondary school must meet the English proficiency requirement by submitting the results of the SAT I with a minimum verbal score of 430 (12 ACT) or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 523 (paper-based), 193 (computer-based), or 70 (internet-based).
  • Immunization record completed by a healthcare professional.
  • Provide documentation of sufficient resources to cover tuition, room and board, health insurance and other living expenses. Send an affidavit from your financial sponsor and an official letter from the sponsor’s bank stating a dollar amount of readily available deposits in U.S. currency.
  • Copy of I-94, Visa, or other immigration documents. If you are already in the U.S., send a copy of your passport, visa, and I-94 card (DHS Departure Record). If you are currently attending school, you must also submit a copy of your I-20.

  • All International students are required to purchase or be exempt from University System health and accident insurance. Use this link to log in to your account, create an online account, enroll online, apply for a waiver, or access our Health Insurance 101 or FAQ information. https://www.uhcsr.com/SGSC.

  • International students should contact the Admissions Office immediately so that an enrollment professional can customize the enrollment process for each student and his/her unique situation.

Financial Aid