Counselor Resource Page
We know you put in a lot of hard work. That’s why we created this Counselor Resource page, so you won’t have to work harder to get your students information about college. This page is dedicated to providing you with all the tools you will need to help your students with the admissions steps.
RECRUITMENT & ADMISSIONS INFORMATION
Dual Enrollment provides students with the opportunity to earn high school AND college credit before graduating from high school. Our Dual Enrollment courses transfer to any college or university in the University System of Georgia. For more information about Dual Enrollment, visit our official Dual Enrollment web page by clicking below:
For additional Dual Enrollment information contact Walida Swaggard at 912-260-7551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who are on Student Visa must complete the following requirements:
- Provide an official English translation and evaluation of all transcripts showing a minimum 2.0 high school grade point average (GPA) and proof of graduation.
- Applicants whose first language is not English and whose language of instruction was not English throughout secondary school must meet the English proficiency requirement by submitting the results of the SAT I with a minimum verbal score of 430 (12 ACT) or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 523 (paper-based), 193 (computer-based), or 70 (internet-based).
- Provide documentation of sufficient resources to cover tuition, room and board, health insurance and other living expenses. Send an affidavit from your financial sponsor and an official letter from the sponsor’s bank stating a dollar amount of readily available deposits in U.S. currency.
Copy of I-94, Visa, or other immigration documents. If you are already in the U.S., send a copy of your passport, visa, and I-94 card (DHS Departure Record). If you are currently attending school, you must also submit a copy of your I-20.
All International students are required to purchase or be exempt from University System health and accident insurance. Use this link to log in to your account, create an online account, enroll online, apply for a waiver, or access our Health Insurance 101 or FAQ information. https://www.uhcsr.com/SGSC.
International students should contact the Admissions Office immediately so that an enrollment professional can customize the enrollment process for each student and his/her unique situation.
Additional admissions requirements:
- Application for enrollment
- One-time $20 enrollment fee
- Official high school transcripts with graduation date or official GED scores
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- An immunization record completed by a health care professional
- Stamped I-20
- TOEFL (if native language is not English)
- AccuPlacer and/or Compass Test scores *
*The AccuPlacer is used for entrance and placement purposes to determine whether learning support classes are needed. The Compass Test is no longer being offered; however we will continue to accept Compass scores. The AccuPlacer test can be exempted if one of the following requirements are met:
- New SAT scores 24 Reading and 22 Math
- Old SAT scores of 430 English and 400 math
- ACT scores of 17 English and 17 Math
Student Tours and Special Events
Request More Information
SGSC Entry Program at VSU Factsheet
SGSC Entry Program at GSW Factsheet
Programs of Study
Financial Aid Homepage
Net Price Estimate Calculator