South Georgia State College uses the Learning Management System (LMS), Brightspace by D2L, which is used throughout the University System of Georgia (USG). This allows for ease of use for those who will transfer to another USG school. The name GeorgiaVIEW reflects the commitment by SGSC and the USG to provide the students of Georgia Virtual Instruction Enterprise-Wide access.
GeorgiaVIEW Resources and Help
E-mail & GeorgiaVIEW Login Help
GeorgiaVIEW is used throughout the course offerings in the following depth:
- Technology Enhanced Courses - 100% of the class sessions are assigned to a specific location on campus. Technology is used in delivering instruction to all students in the class, but no class sessions are replaced by technology.
- Hybrid Courses - Technology is used to deliver 50 percent or less of class sessions, but at least one class session is replaced by technology.
- Partial at a Distance Courses - Technology is used to deliver more than 50 % of class sessions, but visits to a classroom (or similar site) are required.
- Fully at a Distance Courses - All of the class sessions are delivered via technology. The course does not require students to travel to a classroom for instruction; however, the course might require students to travel to a site to attend an orientation or to take exams. This type of course is generally equivalent to delivering more than 95 percent of sessions via technology.
- Fully Online Courses - All of the class sessions are delivered via technology. The course does not require students to travel to a classroom for instruction. In this case, the technology is usually GeorgiaVIEW.
The course schedule distinguishes among the delivery methods by identifying each with an associated icon.