SGSC WILL RECRUIT AND RETAIN TALENTED AND DIVERSE FACULTY AND STAFF WITH COMPETITIVE SALARIES, INNOVATIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS, CLOSE-KNIT COMMUNITIES AND AN IDYLLIC QUALITY OF LIFE.
1. Conduct a current climate survey yearly. Develop and implement an action plan responding to identified concerns. Select a national instrument that measures employee satisfaction within colleges and set goals to reach the highest levels of satisfaction (top quartile).
2. Reduce faculty and staff turnover by 10 percent annually.
3. Within the first year of the strategic plan, create and implement a faculty and staff recruitment plan that includes a formal mentoring program, matching the institution’s needs to the candidate’s strengths and services.
4. Strengthen on-boarding to include multiple touchpoints throughout an employee’s career at SGSC.
5. Conduct an annual assessment of faculty and staff orientations and adjust as necessary.
6. Align new tenure-track faculty teaching load with the minimum requirement as defined in the Faculty Handbook.
7. Develop and implement a faculty and staff Center for Professional Development within five years.
8. Create and then implement innovative faculty and staff development programs rated as “good” or “excellent” by 75 percent-plus participants.
This goal is supported by the following units: