SGSC WILL CONTINUE TO DEVELOP EXISTING AND/OR NEW ACADEMIC PROGRAMS BASED ON THE IDENTIFIED NEEDS OF THE WORKFORCE AND COMMUNITY.
1. Conduct a yearly needs assessment using data from the Department of Labor, local Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development Authorities and other identified stakeholders to determine future workforce needs.
2. Complete an ongoing gap analysis of baccalaureate programs approved and offered by other institutions in the region.
3. Conduct a yearly student and prospective student interest study.
4. Based on (1) thru (3) above, develop a plan to craft 10 new baccalaureate programs for submission to the Board of Regents within five years.
5. Expand the number of online course offerings for all degree programs by 20 percent.
This goal is supported by the following units: