The mission of the Human Resources Department is to recruit qualified candidates and to provide quality services to the active and retired employees of South Georgia State College in order to effectively complement the institutional priorities and goals established. The department will strive to recognize change that is necessary to provide such quality and will continue to grow to meet the demands of these changes. The department will promote an environment of respect to the workforce of SGSC and will encourage the development of this workforce in an effort to meet the educational mission of the institution.
Our goal is to support the mission of this premier institution by providing the highest quality of service in all aspects of recruitment, development, assessment, benefits and compensation to its staff and faculty.
Human Resources is open during the following hours:
Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m., Friday, 8:00a.m.-12:00p.m.
SOUTH GEORGIA STATE COLLEGE
Thrash Hall, First Floor
100 West College Park Drive
Douglas, Georgia 31533
South Georgia State College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution (M/F/D/V)
The University System of Georgia offers a competitive suite of benefits to our employees.
Please see the following webpages for an overview of the available benefits:
The Human Resources Department recruits and hires all College employees, including administrative staff, full-time and part-time faculty, and non-instructional employees. The department maintains all personnel records, coordinates the benefit administration, faculty contracts, and staff training and development opportunities. SGSC offers an excellent benefits package including a tuition reimbursement plan.
It is the policy of South Georgia State College to require that an official application be completed and returned before you can be considered as a final candidate. The required application for the position you are applying will be available online and linked from the position announcement. If you are unable to open the application online, an application will be mailed upon your request. Application requests are to be addressed to the individual listed on the position announcement.
If you are a person with a disability and need accommodations in the application process, please notify the Human Resources of your requirements. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires documentation of identity and eligibility for employment in the United States. Georgia is an open records state.
"South Georgia State College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution (M/F/D/V)". A bachelor's degree granting institution of the University System of Georgia.
Thank you for your interest in a career with South Georgia State College!
L. Maria King
Interim Director of Human Resources
Interim Assistant Director of Human Resources
Human Resources Coordinator I
The Office of Human Resources
The Human Resources Department will focus on hiring, training, and retaining a qualified workforce while implementing programs that enhance the well-being of South Georgia State College’s faculty, staff and students.
The Human Resources Department of South Georgia State College is committed to serving the SGSC community with a spirit of excellence while sustaining our ethical standards. As a department, we are committed to the follow core values:
Honesty - We are committed to being honest in all endeavors and upholding the college’s ethical and moral integrity.
Loyalty - We are committed to being loyal to our patrons and ensuring that they experience a strong support from our office.
Creativity - We are committed to developing creative concepts that will enhance campus life.
Motivation - We are committed to motivating the SGSC community and providing opportunities for transformative growth in all aspects.
Education - We are committed to educating the SGSC community in any areas that will enhance their knowledge.
Positivity - We are committed to cultivating a positive atmosphere that will allow all persons to be productive in their capacity.
Service to Others - We are committed to serving others by placing focus on their needs and remembering that our greatest value is the ability to serve.
1. Conduct a current climate survey yearly. Develop and implement an action plan responding to identified concerns. Select a national instrument that measures employee satisfaction within colleges and set goals to reach the highest levels of satisfaction (top quartile).
2. Reduce faculty and staff turnover by 10 percent annually.
3. Within the first year of the strategic plan, create and implement a faculty and staff recruitment plan that includes a formal mentoring program, matching the institution's needs to the candidate's strengths and services.
4. Strengthen on-boarding to include multiple touchpoints throughout an employee's career at SGSC.
5. Conduct an annual assessment of faculty and staff orientations and adjust as necessary.
6. Align new tenure-track faculty teaching load with the minimum requirement as defined in the Faculty Handbook.
7. Develop and implement a faculty staff center for Professional Development within five years.
8. Create and then implement innovative faculty and staff development programs rated as "good" or "excellent" by 75 percent-plus participation.