Free online tutoring is now available for South Georgia State College!
What is it?
Through a partnership with Tutor.com, Academic Support will offer free, 24/7 online tutoring that connects students one-to-one with a tutor the minute assistance is needed. The tutoring service can be accessed from any internet-enabled computer or mobile device when you sign into your GeorgiaView (previously Desire2Learn) student account.
What can Tutor.com help you with?
Online tutoring and support is available in the following areas:
- Math – Basic Math, Algebra, Algebra I & II, Statistics, Advanced Statistics, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Geometry, and Trigonometry
- Science & Allied Health – General Science, Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Earth Science, and Anatomy & Physiology
- History – U.S. History, World History, Government, and Geography
- Writing* – Language Arts, Grammar, Literature, Vocabulary, ESL Support, Developmental English, Creative Writing, Essays, and Research Papers
- Business** – Accounting, Finance, and Economics
- Information Technology – Computer Science and Microsoft Office
- World Languages – Spanish, French, and German
- Nursing*** - Medical Surgery, Care Plans, Pathophysiology, Advanced Writing, and Pharmacology Writing (Anatomy & Phisiology and Organic Chemsitry available in Science)
- Bilingual Support – Tutor.com offers help in Spanish (Español) for math, science, and history seven days a week from 2:00pm to midnight.
*Additional writing support is available through Tutor.com with WriteTutor Writing Center. Writing assistance is provided in both real-time or you have the option to upload your writing for 24-hour turnaround review.
**Available 4:00pm to 1:00am, 7 days a week.
***Nursing support is offered from 8:00pm to midnight, Sunday through Thursday.
Additionally, the program also offers resources such as study tools, lessons, test prep materials, and instructional videos in the Skills Center Resource Library:
- Worksheets and sample problems with step-by-step instructions and explanations
- Math and science videos from Brightstorm.com and Khan Academy, and math resources from Texas Instruments
- Test-prep resources for COMPASS, ACCUPLACER, CLEP, TOEFL, and GED exams
- Test-prep and licensing information for medical careers (NCLEX, NNAAP, NET, CMA, and USMLE exams), the military (ASVAB), and civil service jobs
- Financial and computer literacy resources
How to Access Tutor.com:
Students: For free access to Tutor.com, you will need to sign into your GeorgiaView (previously D2L) account.
- Sign in to GeorgiaView.
- From your homepage, on the main toolbar, click "tutor.com".
- A Tutor.com window opens to the "Get a Tutor" page.
- Choose the Topic and Subject you would like assistance with, then type your question, and click the "Get a Tutor" button
- Wait for the tutor to respond.
How to Prepare for a Tutoring Session:
- Have a question or concept you would like to review with a tutor ready. Enter your question and any important notes in the pre-session survey. This will save you time while you are in a session with a tutor.
- It is important that you remove any identifying information (like your name) from your documents before uploading them into the classroom. Upload your papers in advance to maximize your tutoring time.
How It Works:
See how Tutor.com works in this How It Works Video.
Contact Amber Wheeler, Director of Academic Success, by calling 912.260.4415 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical assistance, please contact email@example.com.