Satisfactory Academic Progress Calculator
Using the SAP Calculator
To determine how many hours you need to earn in future semesters to comply with the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy, you can enter estimated information in the SAP Calculator. Using your academic transcript, review the Transcript Totals for Attempted Hours and Earned Hours and enter these totals in the calculator below. You may view your academic transcript using Banner Web.
NOTE: If you have Learning Support (LS) course work, you may exclude the first 30 hours of LS from the attempted and earned hours. LS course work in excess of 30 hours must be included in the attempted and earned hours. All transfer credit hours either passed or failed are counted in the calculation of Satisfactory Academic Progress.
For example, you could plug in 12 Attempted Hours and 12 Earned Hours for your next semester of enrollment to see how that will change your percentage ratio. Beneath the calculator, the policy requirements are listed for your convenience.
Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy Requirements
Percentage of Hours Completed - You must complete (with a grade of A, B, C, or S) 67% of cumulative attempted hours for which you registered.
- Dropped courses: All classes registered for at the end of the drop / add period are counted.
- Transfer credits: All transfer credits applicable to degree requirements count.
- Consortium credits: Consortium credits do count.
- Consequence: Failure to achieve 67% of all attempted hours will result in Financial Aid suspension.
- Appeals: You may appeal two times only for failure to achieve 67% of cumulative attempted hours. To appeal, you must complete a Financial Aid Appeal form.