South Georgia State College

Frequently Asked Questions

South Georgia State College
Graduation Information 


Do I have to apply for Graduation? When do I apply?

In order to be awarded the degree you have earned you must apply for graduation. It is best to apply for graduation the semester before you intend to graduate to ensure all requirements have been met. If you are planning on graduating at the end of this term apply as soon as possible. Follow these steps:

•  Print a Notification of Graduation
• Complete the form with your advisor
• Pay $40 Graduation fee at the Cashier's Office (Douglas Campus - Engram Hall; Waycross Campus - Administrative Building)
• Obtain the required signature from Financial Aid (Douglas Campus - Financial Aid Office; Waycross Campus - Enrollment Services Office)
• Submit the Notification of Graduation (Douglas Campus - Registrar's Office; Waycross Campus - Enrollment Services Office)

When is Graduation? Where is it to be held?

Graduation is held at the end of Spring Semester in May. The SGSC Douglas Campus Graduation is held on the lawn in front of Peterson Hall. The SGSC Waycross Campus Graduation is held in the Gymnasium.

Am I on track to Graduate?

Meet with your advisor to check your progress toward graduation. If you do not know who your advisor is, check your Banner Web, with the Registrar’s Office (Douglas Campus) or with the Enrollment Services Office (Waycross Campus).

Requirements for all pathways can be found in the catalog.

When do I order my cap and gown? How? What about Graduation Announcements?

Graduating students order caps and gowns online beginning in February from Balfour. At this website you will order your cap/gown/tassel unit. The cost of the unit is in addition to the $40.00 graduation application fee submitted with your Notification of Graduation.

Balfour also offers announcements and other graduation accessories if you would like to make additional purchases.

How can I purchase a diploma cover?

The SGSC Bookstore carries diploma covers.

What if I have more questions?

Contact the Registrar's Office,