Please complete the FAFSA before turning in any forms.
If your Financial Aid application is selected for the verification process, South Georgia State College (SGSC) cannot determine your eligibility for federal student aid for the award year until you complete the verification process. The purpose of the verification process is to validate the accuracy of your FAFSA data and is a Federal requirement if your file is selected. SGSC uses the Verify My FAFSA web site to help you complete the verification process.
Some helpful tips for completing verification with Verify My FAFSA…
- SGSC will send an email to your SGSC email address which give you a link to Verify My FAFSA will and ask you to login and create an account using your SGSC email address to begin the verification process.
- Watch for emails and texts Verify My FAFSA with instructions and reminders for completing the verification process. Please follow the instructions carefully.
- You will complete most or all of your verification by using the online verification Household Form at Verify My FAFSA. You may also upload any required documents online. In some instances you may be asked for additional documentation on your self-service Banner account. Make sure you check it regurlerly!
- If at all possible, use the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to transfer your tax information from the IRS to the FAFSA. This reduces verification processing time significantly. If you are NOT able to use the DRT then you should request a Tax Return Transcript at www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript.
- You can track your verification status on Verify My FAFSA and you will receive updates and be notified when the process is complete.
- Sign up to receive text alerts messages from Verify My FAFSA to help track your verification status. Please remember that message and data rates may apply.
- Finally, DON’T DELAY! The faster you respond to requests from Verify My FAFSA, the faster you complete verification and the faster your financial aid can be awarded.
If your Student Aid report says you have been “selected for verification” click here: Verify My FAFSA
Complete this form and hit "submit" if you plan to attend the Summer semester and want Financial Aid. Summer Financial Aid is based on your FAFSA information. Remember that you must be enrolled in at least six credit hours to receive a student loan. Also, if you plan to attend next Fall be sure to complete your FAFSA for the new academic year.
HOPE/ZELL MILLER SCHOLARSHIP EVALUATION FORM
Complete this form to initiate a HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship review if you are not currently receiving the scholarship at SGSC or if you are transfer student and received HOPE/Zell Miller at your previous institution prior to your enrollment at SGSC.
HOPE/ZELL SCHOLARSHIP TRANSIENT FORM
Complete this form if you are going to attend another HOPE eligible institution as a transient student and would like to receive the HOPE/Zell Miller Scholarship at your Host Institution.
DIRECT LOAN ADJUSTMENT REQUEST
Complete this form to increase, decrease, or cancel your student loan.
PARENT PLUS LOAN APPLICATION
Complete this form if you are a parent of a dependent student and would like to take out additional loan funds for your child/legal dependent.
WORK STUDY APPLICATION
Complete this form if you would like to be considered for a position with the Federal Work Study Program.
SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS APPEALS FORM
Complete this form if you are not making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and have been placed on Financial Aid Exclusion to appeal to be reinstated. Some violations of the SAP policy are not appealable. For further information, you can review the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy here.
Complete this form and submit the form to the host institution if you are planning to attend as a transient student at another institution while you are a student at South Georgia State College. The host institution must certify your enrollment and return the agreement to SGSC. The student must be attending at least 6 hours in order to receive a loan.