Please complete the 16-17 FAFSA before turning in any forms.
If your Financial Aid application is selected for the process called verification, in order for the South Georgia State College (SGSC) financial aid office to determine your eligibility for federal student aid for award year 2016-2017, you must complete the verification process. The purpose of the verification process is to validate the accuracy of your FAFSA data and is a Federal requirement if your file is selected. In 16-17 SGSC is working with the School Servicing Center to help you complete the verification process.
Some helpful tips from the School Servicing Center…
- The School Servicing Center (SSC) will send an email to the email address you listed on your FAFSA. The email will tell you what information you need to submit to complete the verification process.
- Watch for emails from verification@SSCwp.org or firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on what you need to do to complete the process. You are only asked for information we need from you. Please follow the instructions carefully.
- You will complete most or all of your verification by using the online verification interview on the “Student” tab at www.SSCwp.org. You may also upload any required documents online. In some instances you may be asked for additional documentation on your self-service Banner account. Make sure you check it regurlarly!
- Read the FAQ’s and Helpful Tips and Links about verification under the “Student” tab at www.SSCwp.org if you have any questions.
- Use the data retrieval tool (DRT) to transfer your tax information from the IRS to the FAFSA if at all possible. This reduces verification processing time significantly. If you are NOT able to use the DRT then you should request a Tax Return Transcript at www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript.
- You can track your verification status on www.SSCwp.org. SSC will notify you when the process is complete.
- Sign up to receive text alerts messages from SSC to help track your verification status. Please remember that message and data rates may apply.
- Send an email to SSC at www.SSCwp.org/email if you have any questions.
Finally, DON’T DELAY! The faster you respond to requests from SSC, the faster you complete verification and the faster your financial aid can be awarded.
If your Student Aid report says you have been “selected for verification” click here: https://www.sscwp.org/ivi/student/student_landing.htm
Complete this form and hit "submit" if you plan to attend the Summer semester and want Financial Aid. Summer Financial Aid is based on the 2016-2017 FAFSA infomation. Remember that you must be enrolled in at least six credit hours to receive a student loan. If you were enrolled full-time Fall andn Spring you will not be eligible to receive Pell for summer. Also, if you plan to attend this Fall be sure to complete your 2017-2018 FAFSA.
Complete this form to initiate a HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship review if you are not currently receiving the scholarship at SGSC or if you are transfer student and received HOPE/Zell Miller at your previous institution prior to your enrollment at SGSC.
Complete this form if you are going to attend another HOPE eligible institution as a transient student and would like to receive the HOPE/Zell Miller Scholarship at your Host Institution.
Complete this form to increase, decrease, or cancel your student loan.
Complete this form if you are a parent of a dependent student and would like to take out additional loan funds for your child/legal dependent.
Complete this form if you would like to be considered for a position with the Federal Work Study Program.
Complete this form if you are not making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and have been placed on Financial Aid Exclusion to appeal to be reinstated. Some violations of the SAP policy are not appealable. For further information, you can review the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy here.
Complete this form and submit the form to the host institution if you are planning to attend as a transient student at another institution while you are a student at South Georgia State College. The host institution must certify your enrollment and return the agreement to SGSC. The student must be attending at least 6 hours in order to recieve a loan.