How do I Accept my Awards?
After you have received the e-mail notifying you that your award package has been processed, you will be able to view it through the SGSC Banner Web. Instructions on navigating Banner Web and finding your award are below:
Log into Banner Web - select Student and Financial Aid tab.
- Next select Financial Aid.
- Then select Award.
- Now select Award for Aid Year.
- Select your aid year from the drop down box. Click Submit. Click on the "Terms and Conditions" tab and review the information. Scroll down to the end of the page and click on "Click here to Accept the Terms and Conditions".
- Click on the “Accept Award Offer” tab.
- Review your award and select “Accept” or “Decline” for each offer. Click “Submit".
If you have been awarded a student loan and you are a first time student loan borrower you must also:
- Accept the loan award on Self-Service Banner. You may accept the total loan awarded, deny the loan award or adjust it to a reduced amount, whatever you decide.
- Use your FSA User ID & Password to complete Entrance Counseling online at www.studentloans.gov.
- At the same website, complete your Master Promissory Note (MPN).
ONLY COMPLETE ENTRANCE COUNSELING AND MASTER PROMISSORY NOTE ONCE.
Although Banner Self-Serve may continue to ask you for these items as long as you have completed them on www.studentloans.gov and received your acknowledgement from them, you need not complete it again.